Heres the story, there was a toddler we’ll call her Sam. Sam loved gold fish so much, thats all she ate for months. Ok she did eat some other things but not many things. Her mom and dad tried everything to get her to eat something different, and to no avail she wouldn’t. When Sam saw her pediatrician, he said its ok! He said just keep trying those other foods, she’ll come around. Whats funny is, she was only a week away from being food adventurous again!
Kids will always have some form of obsession and they will out grow it!
These are the top 5 kid obsessions:
- Food obsessions – Favorites they will only eat, or foods they once loved and now decide they hate
- Videos – Kids watch their favorite movie over and over again! Because of this they can quote it verbatim. Which drives you bonkers and now you can quote it too!
- Toys – They will want and have their FAVORITE toy, and beg you for it left and right then just when you get used to it, it changes.
- Flash lights – They want them for bed every night. Im tired of changing out batteries. This is one I can’t wait for mine to out grow!
- Repeating words – Toddlers are so smart, they hear you talking to them and other people, even when you don’t think they are listening. Around toddlers you MUST watch your mouth! They get into this faze of repeating everything! Some how they know when to be the most embarrassing.
What were some of your kids obsessions? What was the one thing you couldn’t wait for them to out grow?
~ Katy Schmidt The Nurturing Doula, LLC Birth Doula, CPST and CBE 805-791-8325 www.thenurturingdoula.com email@example.com