Life is short!
Remember the little moments, for those are the moments that seem the biggest as we get older.
- Your little one smiles up at you just after a feeding then falls asleep, take a mental picture. Remember this mental picture when you are having a tough moment with your tiny baby.
- You ask your kids to do something and they do it right away. Remember to praise them, they will happen more and more if you praise them.
- Your toddler who is learning to talk says something you’ve been trying to get them to say for days/weeks. Remember this moment when your three-nager starts sassing you.
- Your child comes home from school to share with you they learned the pledge of allegiance and they recite the whole thing to you. Remember this moment when they doubt their self worth.
These little moments you will remember the most.
- Your teen is going from elementary school to middle school they are going from a sweet elementary kid to a middle schooler who thinks they know everything
- Your child meets their one true love who they want to marry, they introduce them to you. You look at your child with the eyes of a new parent, you feel like you just blinked and then they’re off living their own life. Making their own family and you couldn’t be prouder!
These are the moments will shine into y
our brain and heart forever.
- Your spouse comes home form deployment and looks at your children with a blessed heart. This moment needs to be remembered and maybe even documented just in case they deploy again.
- Your parents are getting older, you celebrate mothers day/ fathers day with them. Enjoy when they want to reminisce about when you were young or when they were young, even if its a story you already heard. There will be a day when they aren’t there anymore, You’ll look back and remember those little moments.
If you can, document these little moments.
These are the moments that last a lifetime. Life is short, eat the cake, buy the shoes, take lots of pictures!
Take care of your self and your family. Enjoy those moments.
~ Katy Schmidt The Nurturing Doula, LLC Birth Doula, CPST and CBE 805-791-8325 http://www.thenurturingdoula.com firstname.lastname@example.org